Lapwing Nature Club
The “Lapwing Nature Club” functions very actively in this college under the leadership of Department of Zoology. As part of the activity of the club a garden is maintained on the campus. In addition to ornamental plants variety of medicinal plants are taken care of.
- create awareness about the environment and natural resource conservation.
- promote interest and knowledge about the environment around us.
- provide opportunities to acquire attitudes, values and skills needed to protect and improve the natural environment. increase awareness of the economic, cultural, scientific and aesthetic values of fauna and flora.
- Field trips
- Nature Treks
- Nature Awareness programs
- Talks, workshops, study groups
- Organize and participate in different competitions
Recent activities of the Nature Club
- Plantation of saplings of trees on the college campus
- Arranged awareness class on environment protection – Dr. Joby Paul from Ashoka Trust for Research in Ecology and Environment (ATREE) took calss on ‘Antropocenic impact’
- On the auspicious day of ‘Njanttuvela’ student volunteers of Nature Club actively joined in transplanting paddy seedlings at Ezhupunna Panchayath, Puthenkaripadam
- World Oceans Day was celebrated on 8th Oceans’ by Dr. Antony P.J.
- A programme was organized for the collection and distribution of medicinal plants among students
- World Environment Day was celebrated by doing campus cleaning and plantation of trees