Career Guidance and Placement Cell
Sri. Sam Johnson
Department of English
Placements play a major role in the reputation of any institution. A systematic and sustained approach in this sector would help any student to choose a meaningful and self-developing career path. The Career Guidance and Placement Cell of St. Michael’s College plays such a vital role in the lives of the students and thereby shape their careers.
The Career Guidance and Placement Cell is a resource for seeking career-related information. The Cell provides students with the resources and skills necessary to pursue their career goals. The Cell is mainly responsible for establishing contact with various organizations and arranging interviews for the students. It also takes care of Industrial Visits and Summer Training. The Cell functions under the guidance of Placement Officers.
- To develop recruitment strategies that will attract professional supporters in leading institutions for the purpose of building a coalition of professional support.
- Counseling of students and providing employment-readiness services that will meet the demands of a highly skilled workforce, thus creating interest and professionalism in the students.
- Maintaining database of students to refer them for suitable job vacancies.
- Conducting campus interviews for reputable and professional organizations.
- Training students for their professional career.
- Preparing them for competitive civil exams, higher studies and choosing a rewarding career.
- Giving information on Professional Development courses higher studies available in India and abroad and informing the students.
- Conducting training programs on Behavioral Skills and Personality Developments.
- Assisting students in discovering their strengths, sharpening their interests and planning for a satisfying future.
1.Activity Report 2017-2018
2.Activity Report 2018-2019