St.Michael’s College has got a very proud tradition of sports and it can claim among its alumni sportsmen of national and international reputation. The college provides ample facilities for athletics, major games, indoor-activities and martial arts. It also has a well-equipped health club with excellent facilities, open to the public as well.
St.Michael’s College stands on top in sports achievements among the colleges under the University of Kerala. With vibrant Athletic culture from its inception, the department of Physical Education of the college has proved its distinction in many other games by winning the different University and State tournaments.
- HEALTH AND FITNESS EDUCATION (Open Course)
- No. of Credits: 2
- No. of Contact hours: 90.
- Other Games
- Yoga Classes
- Regular Faculty:
Augustine NJ, MPEd., MA (Eco.) UGC JRF, Assistant Professor and Head
Santhosh Varghese, NIS (Athletics), Former National Team Coach & Rtd. SAI Coach
- Prof. AJ Kunjavira (1967-1990)
- Prof. VK Rajini (1984-2009)
- Dr. Sanil Sebastian (1993-2001)
- St.Michael’s Sports Academy
- Michaels Sports Complex includes
Standard Athletic track (400m)
Play fields for Basketball, Volleyball, Badminton, Ball Badminton and Indoor facilities for Table Tennis
- Health Club; 12 station multi-faceted gym (opened for the public too)
- Physical Training Centre: Training for the Physical Test of military services and police recruitment etc.
- 400mts track with 6 lanes
- Standard football field
- Cricket field with center matting wicket
- Health club with modern fitness equipments
- Basketball court with Hydraulic Basketball board
- Volleyball court
- Ball Badminton court
- Yoga Room [Matted]
- Weight lifting, Power lifting
- Table Tennis
- Students for admission to the Degree course should have passed the Higher Secondary or any other Examination declared thereto and for P.G., should have passed Degree Course with required percentage of marks.
- Application for admission must be made in the prescribed form, copies of which can be had from the office on payment of RS.30/- per copy.
- At the time of admission all students must produce a Transfer Certificate and a Conduct Certificate from the Institution they last attended, and the Catholic students the catechism certificate also.
- Only those candidates who have the genuine intention of academic pursuit and docility to the discipline of the college will be admitted.
- Any student who is found to have obtained admission by false representation will be dismissed and will forfeit whatever fees he/she paid.
- The Principal reserves the right to refuse admission without assigning reasons.
- Application for transfer certificate and course and conduct certificates should be made in the prescribed form.
- A student applying for transfer certificate will not be given the certificate except on payment of all fees or other dues or of such portion thereof as the Principal may deem fit to demand for the academic year in which he/she was last enrolled.
PROSPECTS – Nil
FEES – Nil
Apart from the routine activities, the department has undertaken the following activities providing access to the public.
- Conducting Summer Coaching Camps for the school children.
- Regular training for Athletics, Volleyball, Basketball, Football and Cricket
- Fitness centre facilities.
- Free boarding and lodging for outstanding sports persons.
- Organizing district, state and university meets and tournaments.
- Physical training to public for recruitment in forces like army, navy, air force and police.
- Assistance for sports persons get job in various government departments.
- Walkers lane for public
- Providing facilities to the public and different organizations to conduct various tournaments.
- Track and field, playgrounds, courts etc for hire.
- Extend technical assistance for laying track& field, playing fields and courts.
- The available sports infrastructure facilities are opened to the public