Seminars conducted during the last five years
- Electron Microscopy – An Exploration to the Invisible World – 2nd and 3rd January 2008. Resource Person: Dr. Peter Koshy, Dy. Director NIIST, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Artificial Intelligence – 25th February 2009. Resource Person: Dr. T Pradeep, Associate Professor, Sree Narayana College, Cherthala.
- Emerging Trendz in New Materials – 10th February 2010. Resource Person: Dr. Jayakumari Isaac, Reader, Research Department of Physics, CMS College, Kottayam.
- Materials for Advanced Technology – 25th January 2011. Resource Person: Dr. George Varghese, Professor and Head, Department of Physics, University of Calicut.
- Wonders of the Sky – 3rd March 2011. Resource Person: Dr. T Pradeep, Associate Professor, Sree Narayana College, Cherthala.
- Laser- Principles and applications- 22nd September 2011Resource person: Dr P Rajagopal, Associate Professor, C M S College, Kottayam.
- Nanoscience and technology- 30th January 2012 Resource person:Dr Sreejith K Pisharady, Assistant Professor, S D College, Alappuzha.
- Microwaves –An Introduction- 3rd March 2013. Resource person: Dr K K Narayanan, Associate Professor, S D College, Alappuzha.
- Carbon Credit and Energy Conservation -21st October 2013 Resource person: Dr.S.B.Syamala, Associate Professor ,N S S College Cherthala
Inauguration of 2013-14 Physics association
BSc Physics Final years 2012-13 with their Principal & Dept.Of Physics
The UGC Cell is functioning with the aim of getting maximum financial assistance from UGC.It provides information regarding major projects,minor projects,seminars and workshops to teachers and encourages them to apply for the same.
The Cell is very vigilant in responding to the notifications for any financial assistance by UGC. Many minor-major projects and national-state seminars were already conducted with help of the cell.
Remedial coaching center,Career Guidance and placement cell and Cyberlink were the other major achievements of the UGC Cell.
The UGC Cell is function well under the Co-ordination of Prof.Luminamma Mathew(HoD Matthematics).
The Energy and Environment Conservation Club(EECC)
The EECC of our college with registration no.EECC 1/33 is affiliated to energy conservation society, Trivandrum.The club organizes project preperations and presentations , elocutions at club level and college level , pledge on Energy Conservation ,National Energy Conservation Day celebrations, classes on usage of CFL, water & oil, Science Day Celebrations with various science associations of the college. The patron of the club is the Principal. Its Secretary is Prof.Augustine Sumesh C J and other office bearers of the club are elected from among the students.
Office bearers 2013-14
- Patron -Prof.A.B.John Joseph (Principal)
- Secretary – Prof.Augustine Sumesh C J
- President-Jobin Jacob(IInd BSc Physics)
- Vice-President-Lakshmi R.(IIIrd BSc Chemistry)
- Subin Savio ,2.Priya N.G(Economics )
- Kaveri S ,4.Emmanuel(Commerce)
- Anju M R ,6.Moncy Joseph(Physics)
- Mariya K Chakko, 8.Vishnu(Chemistry)
- Fernadez C.S. ,10.Jisna(Zoology)